Sunday, November 9, 2008

Instance Demands

The all Shaman crew is moving along quite well yet I can feel myself approaching a wall. They've been leveling so fast their gear is rapidly getting behind. Plus I've been dorking around in Zul'Farrak. The Enhancement Shaman is only 53 so if enough mobs are ganging up on her, it gets nasty. Especially when a ranged mob decides to run…

This is good though. I've had it pretty easy outside questing so far. There's been no reason to put together any real synergy. Yet instancing in the Outlands is going to require it, so it's time to start looking at what works. While it's highly amusing to open with Chain Lightning I find that it's not wise. In ZF specifically, I find a solid lightning bolt volley against Blooddrinkers was good to open. After the first cast I drop a set of Grounding Totems then a set of Stoneclaw Totems. Then I go back to finishing off the melee in range while the casters waste their mana.

Though I had two embarrassing deaths, I never wiped. Did the whole Troll Nation encounter without a problem and Ghazrilla dropped so everyone has their Carrot on a Stick now. Managed to get all the other collect quests done, too. Even though it was a ton of Troll Tempers, the quest experience has been very worthwhile.

No comments: